The Care Home Pharmacist team is designed to go into care homes to review resident’s medication/s. We
- go into care homes and provide full clinical medication reviews for individual residents in conjunction with their GPs and care home staff to ensure effective use of medication.
- participate in reduction of and management of risk in relation to medication use.
- provide medication-related advice, guidance and training to the care staff, with the aim of upskilling and empowering them to deliver an even greater standard of care where and when it is needed.
- liaise as needed on medication-related issues with the Care Home Support Team, Rapid Response and Treatment Service and relevant teams within RBFT and BHFT.
Links to useful information resources for the management of medicines in care homes:
- NICE - Managing medicines in care homes
- NICE Managing medicines in care homes overview
- Royal College of Nursing - Medicines Management in care homes
- Department of Health - Administration of medicines in care homes
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society - The handling of medicines in social care
Contact us on:
- Landline number: 0118 982 2939 or 0118 982 2766
- Mobile number: 07766 423 587 or 07798 696 042